Programs - Early Intervention Program & Early Family Support Services
Early Intervention Program & Early Family Support Services
Welcome to the Early Intervention Program/Early Family Support Services (EIP/EFSS) in Island County, Washington.
This program supports the success of families who are raising children in challenging circumstances. A public health nurse conducts home visits to provide assessment, education and community resources to families with low to moderate risk of child abuse and/or neglect. Families are referred to the program through the Department of Social and Health Services Children’s Administration services.
Parents and guardians will experience:
- Improved parenting practices of caregivers who have had poor parenting themselves, and/or have requested help with parenting issues.
- Increased repertoire of parenting strategies and organizational resources, especially for parents of premature infants and children with developmental delays, chronic health issues, or mental health issues.
- Increased health and safety practices at home.
- Improved safety and health of home environments.
- Increased connection with people who will provide ongoing material, social and psychological support within established agencies such as Readiness to Learn, Toddler Learning Center, Head Start, etc.
- Increased social supports through connections with family, neighbors, friends, and others facing similar challenges.
- Decreased likelihood of future abuse or neglect resulting in the involvement of CPS.